ADVERTISEMENT

Mizzou extends Larissa Anderson through 2028

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
COLUMBIA, Mo. - The University of Missouri Department of Athletics has extended the contract of Tigers head softball coach Larissa Anderson through 2028, Director of Athletics Laird Veatch announced Friday.

"We are extremely pleased to extend Larissa Anderson's contract as the leader of our softball program," Veatch said. "Under her guidance, our team has consistently demonstrated excellence on the field and in the classroom. Larissa embodies values we hold dear at Mizzou, including passion, integrity and a relentless drive for success. We are confident that with her continued leadership, Mizzou Softball will reach even greater heights in the years to come."

"I am thrilled to accept this contract extension through 2028," Anderson said. "I am deeply grateful to President Choi, Athletics Director Laird Veatch, and Deputy AD Marcy Girton for the continued belief in and support of our program.

"This commitment reflects my deep belief in the direction of our program and the incredible potential of our players. Together, we're building something special, and I'm excited to continue this journey with our team."

Anderson most recently led the Tigers to a top-10 finish, an NCAA Super Regional appearance and the team's second Southeastern Conference Tournament Championship appearance in three seasons. The Tigers totaled 48 wins in 2024, their highest total in the program's SEC era and fourth-most in program history.

Entering her seventh season at the helm of Mizzou, Anderson has amassed a 217-115 record with five NCAA Regional appearances and a pair of Super Regionals. She has led the Tigers to 35 or more wins each season at Mizzou — in all but the COVID-19 shortened 2020 season.

"Leading Mizzou Softball has been an honor, and the love I have for what we've accomplished here is immeasurable," Anderson added. "The dedication of our players and the unwavering support from their families have been crucial to our success, and the vibrant atmosphere we've cultivated reflects our collective hard work. I take immense pride in our players, the culture we are fostering, and the exceptional environment we've built in our stadium."

A trio of Tigers earned National Fastpitch Coaches Association All-Region this past spring while 13 student-athletes secured Easton/NFCA All-America Scholar-Athlete honors for earning a 3.5 GPA and above.

Mizzou also led the country in 2024 with a total NCAA postseason attendance of 21,624. Overall, the Tigers ranked fourth nationally for average attendance at Mizzou Softball Stadium.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.