ADVERTISEMENT

OFF TOPIC Mizzou Rates Mediocre On and Off The Athletic Field in SEC

Arete_King

Letterman
Nov 30, 2021
That's according to the latest rankings from the U.S. News and World Report. (Disclaimer: Many in academia question the veracity of their rankings.) As for me, I think that a better ranking of academics could be developed if the universities were interested, but they are not. Thus, the U.S. News and World Report suffices until someone comes up with something better.

While we know Mizzou has been middle of the pack at best in the SEC in the major sports of football and basketball, I do remember a time when Mizzou held their nose regarding the academic reputation of many schools in the South. I'm not sure this attitude is warranted given their current standing. Yes, they remain a AAU, but that's a status that was earned a long time ago. While schools such as Iowa State have lost this accreditation, it's rare that one loses it. Thus, who knows if it's truly earned.

The actual source is an article from Saturday Down South, which aggregated the rankings from US News and World Report. It's not much different from last year when I personally verified Mizzou's standing myself, though didn't vet their most current one. I'll let someone else do that here if they like.

Reactions: coltseavers
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News