ADVERTISEMENT

MONDAY MUSINGS Chiefs Mexico City Edition

ABaumli

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2005
Chiefs didn't play this weekend, so I couldn't adjust the record, so went with Mex City tonight. The elevation will be interesting to watch.

1. If you didn't get a chance, I think my student loan debt proposals are a decent compromise for a major problem and is a short term solution. This leads me to my first frustrating issue. Politicians playing on stupidity. Bernie, Warren, and the Squad like to say that things are a fundamental right. "Healthcare is a fundamental right." "Housing is a fundamental right" "Cheap Higher Education Costs is a fundamental right." The problem is that many of their loud followers believe this and they are all very, very stupid. Like the fringe Trump supporters stupid. It drives me insane. I would like to see if anyone can find another "right" in the constitution that is similar to these, in terms of that they guarantee a service provided by another TO YOU. There is no such thing. Your Fundamental rights are rights protected from the government. You have a right to freedom of speech, not a right for someone to be required to teach you how to effing talk. BUT, I am glad that Bernie made these comments on this respect. It grants SCOTUS to over rule Medicare for All if passed by Bernie and challenged by states. Since Bernie said it is a fundamental right, then it has to go through the process to be one, which means a constitutional amendment, that's right, it will require 2/3 vote. Why can't California pass a medicare for all for their state? I thought Colorado was going to do so. Lets see how it works. Anyways, I hate this type of politics. Yes Trump does this, but we all recognize that Trump does this. The Dems like to argue that they are different, but really, they are very similar. They are basically buying votes at this point. One literally is giving people money.

2. Trumps trials and tribulations. The Ukraine open hearings didn't seem to get a smoking gun and honestly are almost forgotten. I haven't heard anything about them on morning shows this morning. We are spending time on this and I need to ask. If Trump withheld aid until Ukraine made public statement, would that turn the tide? Should he be impeached? Trump does some stuff that would be like if a rich aHole got the power of the presidency. Some things he has done are good, but he seriously has issues. He micromanages this and it effs up everything. He demands loyalty above performance, that's a problem too. I would honestly love a better option, but I don't want POTUS Pence. The Dems activities are not above reproach. It would be nice to see a cleansing of Dem Legislators as well. A ton of GOPers have retired or are retiring under Trump (GOP doesn't like a trade war). I am not a fan of the new guard, but at some point you need to make changes. On a side note, I have gained a lot of respect for Pelosi this time around with respect to her as a political strategist. If Dems win POTUS 2020, she will be the single biggest reason why. If she got out of their way, I think they would get crushed.

3. Protests around the world. Lets start with the most serious, IRAN. Over the weekend, Protestors burned down the Iranian central bank. Stuff got real. Police there don't have a lot of journalism, so they just shot and killed protestors. I checked out the top 3 US news websites and NOTHING. CBSNews does have a story, as does BBC and Al Jazeera. It is a big story and needs coverage. Secondly, there are still protests in Chile, Lebanon, etc. Lastly, Hong Kong protests are down to a standout at a university. Police have surrounded and it will be anxious waiting to see how this ends.

4. Collin Kapernick - so NFL scheduled a workout. After sitting on liability waiver for 4 days, his group then made a bunch of edits. Kap then didn't like that there were enough cameras there, so they demanded a move to another location. About 25 teams showed up at falcon facility, but only a handful went to the second location. Kapernick wore a Kunta Kinte shirt for workout. Here is Kap's throw that twitter was saying how he is so awesome:

My retort is that he threw the ball 55 yards in the air, from the 45 to what looked like near the end zone. He did that in shorts and a t shirt with no rush. I hate to break it to everyone that loves them some Kap, but that throw is not impressive for a NFL QB. Josh Allen for comparrison threw the ball from the 40 and hit the goal post from his knees. He threw it 80 yards in shorts. Here is Drew Lock (who isn't playing right now) throwing a 55 yard pass:

My point is that it isn't that impressive for an NFL QB. Especially when you have to pay a higher amount for a veterans minimum and include all of the baggage.
The other stunts pulled by Kapernick make this even more ridiculous. Jay-Z is not happy, so I don't expect Kap to get signed and I don't think he really cared to get signed.

5. POTUS 2020 - Mayor Pete in the Iowa Lead. Des Moines Register released a poll on Sunday that had Mayor Pete with a substantial lead in Iowa, 9 points. CBS poll had Biden and Sanders tied in lead, mayor Pete 1 pt behind and Warren 6 points back. Did Warren peak? In another poll that was surprising, Atlanta Journal Constitution had a Dem Candidates versus Trump poll and had Trump losing against all the Dems for the state of Georgia. ABC News had a poll for general election and had Trump losing by double digits against each of the dems. The impeachment is starting to affect his numbers. Here's the thing though, for Dems, this needed to happen next september, not right now. Mayor Pete taking Iowa would be huge for Biden. If Warren can only win New Hampshire, then Biden has a clear path to victory. The southern black church vote will go to Biden. He has huge leads in polls in the southern states. Next Debate is Wednesday, it will be interesting to watch. Who swings at who? Is Biden the target again? Does Mayor Pete receive more targeting? Does Warren escape again? Kamala Harris has qualified for Nov and Dec debates, so I don't see her dropping out until after that dec. Dem debate, but she is out of money.

Will be interesting to watch.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News