ADVERTISEMENT

My contact with TSF today

rotomu

Retired Number
Gold Member
Mar 25, 2006
Because of the thread started yesterday, which was primarily about TSF, I wrote an e-mail to TSF early this morning. Within an hour, I had a call on my cell from Brian White, the Senior Associate AD, Development, TSF asking me to call him back. I am by no means a large donor. We are just in the top 20% of giving according to the calculator. Brian was extremely polite, passionate and well spoken and told me about changes they hope to bring about in TSF. He spent nearly a half hour with me and asked to meet in the future for lunch, coffee, etc. Bottom line is, they are working their butts off and really out there hustling to make these changes. They are still short staffed (interviewing people today) but they average having meetings with 40 individuals a week, plus larger group meetings like Tiger Quarterback club. A lot of things brought up in the thread and my e-mail are being addressed, because the current staff sees it as a problem also. Change can not and will not occur overnight, but the passion he spoke with tells me they are going to get the job done. Brian does not have a PM account yet, but it is on his to do list. Just thought I would share my experience today. Here is the e-mail I sent:

There is a troubling thread on PowerMizzou, regarding lack of fan knowledge about TSF. It is titled MU Athletics Finances: Donors the Difference? Nearly every person on PowerMizzou lives and breathes MU sports. How is it possible that there would be even a single person on there that does not know about TSF? Much less, a large number.

I know in the past, there were some members of the TSF office which had accounts on PowerMizzou. I’m not sure about now. It troubles me as a fan which bleeds black and gold, the massive number of Mizzou fans which have had NO contact with TSF and really don’t understand the function of TSF. I am by no means a large donor, but there have to be a ton of fans out there, which could donate at or near the level that we do if you would simply make contact and ask. I understand there are some large donors, but I believe we could build the TSF from the bottom up with a large number of low to mid-level donors, who may someday have the financial ability to become a large donor. A large number of my friends are TSF members, only because I have told them about it.

I’m in sales too and understand the allure of the large sale. However, my business suffers when I stray away from the fundamentals of pursuing every opportunity both large and small. It makes me sad that there are only 8683 donors for TSF based on the donor rank calculator. There have to be thousands, if not tens of thousands who would donate. Maybe only $50-100 to start, but I have to believe a larger base would really make a difference in funding.

One more bone to pick with you, how is it possible that there is not a contact tab on the TSF website, where your contact information would be available. I had to go to the MU Athletics website and had to guess at Mr. Rhoades and Mr. Baker’s e-mail address. Most people would not work hard enough to find this contact info and just decide not to donate.

Anyways, that is my two cents worth. From what Mr. Rhoades said at the Quarterback Club meeting this week, there are some potential projects coming up and I know they will not be inexpensive. Grow the giving base!

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.