ADVERTISEMENT

My Monday Morning Thoughts

hoodtiger

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2008
In lieu of the HHIC ,pushing his thoughts back to this afternoon, I'll give you guys a buffer.

1. I'm expecting Cook to take a nice step up this season. He has everything you'd want in a good college QB. He's very mobile, he's extremely smart, has a decent arm, he's tough as nails, he has the team respect as a leader and he's from the Lou. Enough said.

2. Drink isn't going anywhere, anytime soon. He has this program right where it needs to be. Building a highly competitive team in the SEC is a process and requires patience. We're never going to be a perennial national team, but years like this season gives us a shot to make some noise. If the defense continues to improve and Coach Moore can raise the level of play on offense, this will be a fun season.

3. Shout out to @coonja76 for identifying Coach Gates as a potential candidate when Cuonzo was still coach. The way this man moves and operates is so smooth. He's so calm and collected in everything he does. This dude is a flat out star. Our AD knocked it out the park with this hire. I know it's only one season, but what he did with last year's team, was nothing short of phenomenal. He has a system he wants to run and the types of players he want to play in that system.

4. D'moi and Kobe success in Summer League ball was setup because of Coach Gates' system. With those two you see how to space the floor, how to cut and replace, always be ready to score and less is more. That's the NBA in a nutshell and he has 2 examples to sell after one season.

5. As some of you know, I'm knee deep into the golf world. I've sank 3 wedge shots from 40-75 range. I've also got within 2 feet for a hole-in-one. I can't wait until I get one. When I do get it, my reaction will be similar to Steph Curry's, if my fat ass can run all the way to the green, which I doubt. But I'll definitely try.

6. For you mofos who's gonna post "who cares about your thoughts" because I know y'all coming, go play Dodgelball on the highway.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News