ADVERTISEMENT

New Employee On-Boarding, questions for the OT who do things

ABaumli

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2005
My Firm is probably going to hire 2-3 new employees this fall, if not sooner.

I have met with several clients about how they on board new hires including those without experience and those who have it. It is obvious that in the US, no company has figured out how to handle, integrate, etc. new employees, even lateral hires. But for sure, everyone is struggling with new hires with no or little experience. Some companies have offices dedicated to training up new hires and they try to put them in cities where they have good number of experienced employees with good training records, but the companies are still struggling a lot with this. This weekend I heard of company saying they would be surprised to have 50% of new hires with no experienced still employed by them after 2 years. They aren't firing all of them, many leave on their own because they want work life balance, etc, go back to school, go to another company.

I am always terrified as a small business hiring new employees, because it can be the death of a small company hiring the wrong person.

IM curious about OTers who have on boarded new employees over past few years. What is your experience?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News