ADVERTISEMENT

Not that anyone asked, but let me explain a few things

hoodtiger

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Sep 23, 2008
I really wish people would explain their thoughts on specific players and why they have that opinion of them. Those "he's not good" posts are annoying as hell. Earlier today, it was posted about Marcus Clarke being a bad CB because he gave up a 42 yd TD. But when I broke down what actually happened, crickets..He had outside leverage, which means he's supposed to force the WR back to the inside, which he did. He had to be expecting help because it's impossible for a CB to use that technique and keep up with a WR while he runs diagonally up the field.

For those wanting Norfleet to take Stephens' snaps, I take it y'all didn't see him try to block on the perimeter and absolutely whiff on a defender Saturday when said block would've sprung Luther for a nice gain. He's been wearing a non-contact jersey for weeks according to @JHamilton23 which means he hasn't been working on his blocking. But y'all want him out there anyway.

Let's talk about Cam'ron Johnson, PM's new whipping boy since y'all can't cry about Drink and Cook at the moment. Did anyone see what happened on his 2 holding penalties Saturday? Probably not, so I'll explain on his behalf. Both times Brady dropped back to pass and Johnson literally stone-walled the defender. Membou's man rushed upfield Brady stepped up and took off to Johnson's right. His hands are inside where they're supposed to be, he's in pass pro so how's he suppose to know that Brady is taking off upfield to his right. Hence, the holding calls which we see those every week at all levels of football. It's one of the hardest things for an Olinemen to get pass. He's actually doing a great job in pass pro.

The point I'm trying to make is we should be having real conversations about why this player is horrible, why he should be benched, what would player B bring differently than player A. Maybe I'm in the minority, but I'm yearning for a little more in-depth thoughts when critiquing and/or praising a player, coach or a particular play. The thread with @Carnell75 defending his son was a great thread and we need more of those please. MIZ....

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News