ADVERTISEMENT

OT Book Club

Sevro au Barca

Hall of Famer
Dec 3, 2013
What is everyone reading? Always looking for good recs. Some of my favorites over the las several months

Fiction
- Upgrade by Blake Crouch - Great Sci fi writer. His books are like big summer blockbuster movies that actually deliver

- The Island by Adrian McKinty - Family vacation on a remote island off of Austraila goes wrong. Easy, but good beach read

- City On Fire by Don Winslow - About a organized Crime family in Rhode Island in the 80s. He is one of my favorite crime authors. It's too bad he spends so much time being a hot take artist on twitter instead of writing books.

- The Guide, by Peter Heller - Fly fishing guide gets caught up in a murder, escape. Heller is a great thriller genre author that sets all his books in nature/outdoorsmanship. Really good.

Non Fiction
- Invisible Child: Poverty, Survival & Hope in an American City by Andrea Elliot - Follows a young girl in the NYC social services from early childhood though HS. Must read.

- Allow me To Retort by Ellie Mystal - Walks through the history of the Constitution ect. Most of you would melt reading this book.

- Tokyo Vice: An American Reporter on the Police Beat in Japan, by Jake Adlestein - The Tv show this is based on made me want to read. About a young reporter moving to japan to and got wrapped up investigating the Yakuza. Adlestein is from CoMo so there's some cool references.

- We Own This City: A True Story of Crime, Cops and Corruption in an American City - Another TV show that prompted to read the book. Again, highly recommend to those who lack perspective on the effect of corrupt policing.

-Origin: A Genetic History of the Americas by Jennifer Raff - This one was really interesting, but also extremely nerdy. Basically uses the new archeology and genetic testing we have to provide a newer understanding of how the Americas were populated. Only bad part is the author is a jayhawk so I cant blame you if you skip this one.

- Davos Man: How The Billionaires Devoured the World, by Peter Goodman - Pretty self explanatory.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News