ADVERTISEMENT

People Judging KC BBQ Using Arthur Bryant and Joes (epic failure)

Zoufan27

Retired Number
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2010
Sorry people but Arthur Bryant is not the measuring stick for KC BBQ. I hate (and I mean) hate when news services either highlight Arthur Bryant or Joes (formerly Oklahoma Joes) as the places to go for BBQ. That's just plain lazy reporting. There are dozens of places way better to get and try BBQ here.
I just watch a news segment concerning the NFL draft (tomorrow) and the NFL network had their talking heads spewing praises over Arthur Bryant's BBQ. Guys, I've lived here nearly 30 and I've only eaten there maybe three times. I won't take my friends there because I want them to have quality food. I'd rather take them to Big-Ts or LCs or even B.B.s Lawnside so that they get a taste of the real KC BBQ culture. I even give Q-39 and some of the other local competition BBQ restaurants more Kudos than those two places.
Their food isn't bad but it's more of an acquired taste for me. Hell, even Gates is hit and miss and since the lockdown, they've been missing more than getting it right, so when I rant about good and bad BBQ, it's coming from a place where I've visited and tried BBQ from almost every corner of KC. I don't have to have a favorite, I simply know which places I won't revisit.

BTW, Harps BBQ in Raytown is an up-and-coming place for good BBQ.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News