ADVERTISEMENT

Pixie dust for Mizzou

SEMO Tiger

Redshirting
Gold Member
Feb 11, 2023
Last night I was just as unhappy with Mizzou's performance as probably anyone else on here (and agreed with every one of Gabe's points); this morning I decided luck may finally be on Mizzou's side and I am going to just sit back and enjoy the ride until its over. Mizzou fans have frequently had to watch as some weird or freakish thing snatched victory from the Tigers. Examples historically are the 5th down game and the Nebraska kicked football game; more recently a phantom PI cost Mizzou against KY and in another KY loss a blocked punt turned bad that eventually led to a rule change, and not long ago a fumble while crossing the goal line cost the Tigers a sure win against Auburn. Now look at the last year and 1/3. A 61 yard field goal to win the game against KSU, a successful 4th and 17 to win against FL, and now a gimme missed FG to win against Vandy. Let's face it in the past it was always the other team that got the luck to win the game. Finally the luck genie has turned Mizzou's way. They may be a fraud, they may lose against T A&M, etc., but for now they are 4-0 and probably still will be ranked in the Top 10. How often does that happen? I say just enjoy the ride until they prove otherwise.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.