ADVERTISEMENT

PM Censorship question

MelWest

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Feb 10, 2005
Parts Unknown
I don't consider myself a controversial PM poster...but I had my first post on PM removed today. Is this common?
It was a post on @GabeD 10 Thoughts Thread and was in response to a post by @dreamlaw

It did get one like before it was deleted...by @brosept .

I look at Terrence Clark differently. It is awful how people treat athletes, especially college athletes. And his death was a tragedy, it’s terrible, no one deserves to die like that, and it’s always tragic to see talent wasted.

But if Terrence Clark wasn’t a promising athlete, instead of everyone mourning him, they would be talking about the idiot who endangered lives by recklessly driving 80 in a 45 and caused his own death.

So the paradox is, his death actually shows how we irrationally elevate athletes. It did little to show there’s so much more than athletics.
My response...a shortened version...we don't just do this for athletes.

We make heroes out of criminals and drug users who fight police and resist arrest when they are killed by police.

We name streets after them, have memorials, President's make them heroes..

..So is what I said really that much more controversial than what @dreamlaw said? I have no problem with what he said..........

Did @GabeD delete that because he disagreed with what I said...or was he afraid of the reaction?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News