ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Post Spring Ball Absurd Assumptions

Carnell75

All-American
Gold Member
May 19, 2019
Indianapolis, IN - Westside
Each week I take a look at the potential outcomes of the upcoming games, todays musings will paint a way to early picture of the upcoming season, on an absurd level a lot of the assumptions will be based on early spring happenings. (Final rosters and depth charts at Mizzou or the conference have not been finalized). Some if not all of these assumptions will be thru the MIzzou colored glasses.

1. Mizzou is a lock for the CFP as long as the Pre-season ranking is a top Ten ranking. I think we finally get a Non-Con in which Mizzou comes out firing. The end goal is CFP and the only way to maintain a high ranking with our soft Non-Con is to blow teams out convincingly. Drink and Moore release the Kraken as this is an all-in year and all the chips go into the center of the table assuming the team is healthy! Early Assumption 11-1 regular season (the most electrifying year in Mizzou Football History!!)

2. I wanted to put 10-2 for our record but I believe this early that Atlanta is a distinct possibility thus the move to 11-1 had to be made. I think with 11-1 it may cause a 3-way tie for the SEC crown. (thus, my question on the tie breaking scenario) No assumption on the outcome of this game or the first home CFP game. It will definitely come into the picture as I see the team on the field together.

3. Brady becomes the 3rd all time passing yard leader in Mizzou history by the Oklahoma Game Nov 9th! (this will be a night game I Hope! as long as OU can weather its schedule I can see OU having 3 or 4 losses by the time we play.

4. I thought about this and I think Luther's Heismen Campaign begins early and Moore, Drink, and Peeler makes sure to amass big games for Luther in Non-Con setting the stage for him to become Missourri all-time pass catching receiver. This completes Luther's story as a 5-star hometown player that went on to have a prolific career at Mizzou and sets the stage for more home state stories to take-off. He dominates in the first 5 games amassing almost 600-750 yds receiving. This will be the early counter to teams trying to keep the ball out his hand.

5. The team improves upon this years numbers and reach 10 players invited to combine. I think I am thinking of this right I know our draftable players should be almost 11?? with a large quantity coming from the offensive side this year.

6. Kirby hears overtures that causes him to think about moving on, but he decides to stay one more year to prove he can do it with a QB that he picks and develops.

7. Beamer cries after losing to Mizzou another year. Good guy Sam Pittman loses his job after another defeat to Missouri, and lastly The Oklahoma fan base relies on data from over 20 years ago to taught superiority of the Mizzou faithful after a humiliating defeat for them at Farout Field!!

8. Lastly, Drink realizes the personnel losses that may be upon him at year's end and he actually takes the time to play younger guys to try and keep the momentum rolling into 25' when Missouri plays kansas for the first time in years.

As per usual this is for enjoyment and promoting conversation around the team. The opinions are mine and mine alone. Please enjoy and let the commenting begin.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News