ADVERTISEMENT

Postgame thoughts UGA

mizzoucobra

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Mar 30, 2006
I was putting together thoughts in my head for a long-winded rant about tonight's game, and the season heading straight down the shitter.

My mind is a steel trap for largely useless information, and this team is bound to coax it out of me this season...but...

When you overcome a 20 point deficit in the second half for a win, that gets tabled for later.

My running theme this season has been you have 3 primary guys, and to win, you need at least 2 of them to perform. Tonight, two were on the bench with injuries and Dru was looking a step slow with the ankle.

But, they gutted it out.

They gave up a 33-9 run in the first half, and countered with 33-10 run to close the game.

Their defense early on was HORRID. It wasn't phenomenal late, but it was good enough to spur the comeback.

Dru pitched in down the stretch, but Pickett, pinson and Nikko combined for 40 tonight, most of that coming in the second. Not what I would've ever expected to type out in one sentence. Props to those guys. I'm well past it being a good sign, but for a night...you'll take it.

And looking bigger picture, it's the same thing. This team is flawed, and frankly isn't very good...less than what they should be. But in a night where you get 0 points combined out of Tilmon, Mark and Watson, and still manage to overcome a deficit of 20, well...enjoy it for what it is. A night of entertaining hoops. Something we haven't had much of over the last 6-7 years.

Maybe it spurs them on a little run to salvage the season in some way. Maybe it doesn't. But hey, if you're still watching, this is what you tune in for.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News