ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL POWERMIZZOU LIVE/VIDEO COVERAGE FOR 2021 SEASON

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
We will have @mitchell4d at every game this season, assuming that postgame interviews are allowed in person rather than on zoom. We will have @jxlorenzi helping out for most home games with on site coverage.

But some of the things that we picked up during the pandemic were positives and gave us a new way to deliver coverage to you guys and interact with you as well. We've got big plans for our audio/video/streaming stuff this season.

new sponsor graphic.png

These shows will be streamed live when they happen, but they will be archived and embedded as stories on the site and they will also be uploaded as podcasts to the PowerMizzou podcast feed. We will not stream live at the same time every day (and some days we may do 2-3 shows to be posted later in the week). I'll post and tweet a time when we're going live every day, but the focus is on the content, not the live aspect, other than on game days.

Here is where you'll be able to find the shows either as they happen or afterward (as well as obviously on the site):

Live video on our YouTube channel If you subscribe you can sign up for alerts to get a notification when we go live

PM podcast on Spotify
PM podcast on Soundcloud
PM podcast on Podbean
You can also subscribe to our show on Apple podcasts

Here is our weekly schedule (with start dates)

Monday: The Weekend Recap presented by TrueSon Exteriors (shout out @broewe1 if you need some work done on your house. They've done a ton around our place). Mitchell and I will recap the action from the previous weekend for Mizzou, the SEC and around the country. We also might hit on other big news from Mizzou, but it will be focused on the college football weekend during the season. We're starting this show on Monday, August 16

Tuesday: On the Recruiting Trail presented by Brandon Barnes and USA Mortgage (@MizzouSon21 for your financing/refinancing needs). @Sean_Williams and I will hit the big news in Mizzou recruiting every Tuesday. We'll start this on Tuesday, August 17th

Wednesday: The 573 Report presented by 573tees.com You guys should be familiar with this one. We did it every Wednesday last year and will do so again this year. Mitchell and I will bat around all things Mizzou, take your questions, etc. We may even have a guest from time to time. We'll get going with this on Wednesday, August 18th.

Thursday: Sizing Up the Competition presented by Stuart Eastman and Edward Jones (@Tiger Stu for your financial/retirement planning needs. We've personally used his services for years). This is going to be our preview show. Each week, I'll talk with someone who covers Mizzou's opponent that weekend for an insider's view of the competition. For our preseason shows, I'll hit up some of my colleagues to talk big picture SEC/college football stuff. We'll have the first one of these on Thursday, August 19th.

Friday: Our yet to be named picks show presented by MasterTech Plumbing, Heating and Cooling. Every week, I'll have a different guest picker compete against me in picking some of our highlighted college football games of the week. We'll keep track of the results week by week and season long so you can see how bad I am at this.

Saturday: The Pre-Game Call presented by Call & Gentry Law Group (I hope none of you ever have legal issues, but if you do, hit up @chip1law and he'll do right by you and is an excellent scramble partner). This is going to be our pregame show, which will start about 90 minutes before kickoff. I'll check in with Mitch from the stadium, have some opponent info, take your questions, we might even do calls on the show this year to talk about whatever is on your mind before the game. First episode is 90 minutes before kickoff on September 4th.

The Post-Game Drink presented by Boulevard Brewing Company (obviously, I can vouch for the quality of their products across the board). This is the same as last year. As soon as Eli Drinkwitz's press conference is over, we'll go live. We'll play the postgame for you guys, then we'll break down the game and take calls for as long as you guys feel like talking. First episode right after the game against Central Michigan on September 4th.

We're kicking around the idea of a picks show on Fridays. Maybe even something where we get a different subscriber on every week and you pick games against me for prizes. If you or someone you know would be interested in sponsoring such a show, hit up either @JonahRoberts at jonahroberts96@gmail.com or me at powermizzou@gmail.com and we can get something worked out before the season.

First, a big thanks to all of our sponsors that have chosen to work with us this season. These shows don't happen without them. They're directly enhancing the product you guys get here for pennies a day. So if you're looking for products or services in any of the areas in which they specialize (we've got drinks, clothes, mortgages, home improvement, financial planning and legal help so we've covered most of the big ones), please consider going to these individuals/companies before you look anywhere else. They're all supporters of and subscribers to the site.

Second, I want to stress, none of this is taking away from the coverage you all are going to get. Mitchell and Joel are still going to be covering stuff on game day. I'll still have a postgame column after the show wraps and ten thoughts on the college football weekend on Sunday mornings. We're still going to produce all the written content we always have throughout the week. These shows are simply an addition to what we're doing. We know not everyone will consume our coverage in writing, audio and video, but we want to make everything we can available to as many people as we can since you all spend your money here. Hopefully enough of you will enjoy the additions to make it worth doing. And even if you don't like the shows, hit up the sponsors.

Looking forward to expanding our coverage in a bit of a different direction. We'll get started on Monday. Season's only 25 days away.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News