ADVERTISEMENT

Pre-Game Atmosphere!

SplitTformation

Retired Number
Gold Member
Oct 23, 2002
Kansas City, MO
I brought a friend of mine to the game on Sat. He and I had season tickets together back in the 1990s. He hasn't been to a game in 5-6 years. We parked in the lot south of Mizzou Arena and tailgated there. He was blown away by the atmosphere. He couldn't believe how much better the tailgating and atmosphere was since the last game he attended. He chalked that up to the SEC effect. I have to admit, I go to games every year but usually park at a greek house and walk straight into the stadium. I haven't really wandered over by Hearnes and the Mizzou Arena in many years. It was awesome! The tents, banners, decor, music, food, etc. was impressive. It was almost (Almost) Arrowhead Stadium like. Even more impressive was the fact that this was an 11:00 am kickoff. He will be back. I will now reconsider my parking and tailgating options. It was nice being right in the thick of the action. I saw more Black & Gold clad fans than ever before which used to be a hot button for me.

I also loved the tiger tails they gave away for fans. Looked great in the stadium seeing those being waved/swung. Sounds like the players noticed it too. Hope the AD keeps this up.

Well done fellow fans!!!!

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.