ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL QUICK 3RD QUARTER THOUGHTS VS. VANDERBILT

JHamilton23

All-American
Staff
Jun 18, 2022
1. Brady Cook still seems off to me.

This offense is out of sync. Brady Cook is hesitant and he's off-target. I can't pinpoint what's wrong with him. Even on his scrambles, it looks like something is off. I haven't seen Cook like this in a minute.

2. Blake Craig is making up for the missed chip shot.

Mizzou gets on the board thanks to a Blake Craig 55-yard field goal. So, maybe he's just like Harrison Mevis -- the further the better.

VANDY 13, MIZ 13

3. The defense has played well.

The defense has forced a three-and-out on three of the last four possessions and the one it didn't have was a field goal at the end of the half and that's Drinkwitz's fault. The deep ball on that early touchdown is its only bad play.

4. Nate Noel is a game-breaker.

He just had a 65-yard carry and now has 15 carries for 168 yards and a touchdown. The rest of the game should be running through him. Forget trying to force everyone else's involvement. Cook doesn't have it today and that's okay. But let him carry the team today. He's the hot hand.

Marcus Carroll gives Noel a spell and scores from three yards out. PAT is good.

Vandy 13, MIZ 20

5. Joe Moore and Sidney Williams almost had an interception

Moore had a really good hit on Pavia and Sidney Williams had an interception in his lap but I think a Vandy WR knocked it out of his hands. Moore has had a good season for a guy who doesn't play that often. He's really stepped up in Darris Smith's absence.

6. Vandy scored and all eyes are on Drinkwitz.

Gabe and I can't help but think this shouldn't be tied going into the fourth quarter. That terrible two-minute at the end of the half is still in our minds. If they lose that is one of the bigger storylines. You can't be giving teams points by being reckless.

VANDY 20, MIZ 20

7. Speedy Johnson grabbing that ankle.

Kickoff right before the start of the fourth quarter and Speedy Johnson is grabbing his left ankle. He put little weight on it as he headed to the medical tent.

End of 3rd: VANDY 20, MIZ 20

Reactions: buddha7mu
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.