ADVERTISEMENT

Recruits bus tossing coaches

trueson82

All-American
Gold Member
Jul 12, 2012
I am an admitted Kim Anderson fan. I hope he's successful, but gun to my head, I don't know if he will. Etc.. I fall in that camp. That said, when a recruit's father makes statements that imply KA was out worked by out of state coaches in the recruitment of his son, KA hasn't earned the benefit of the doubt, so, like many of you I suspect, that concerns me. The guy has been here one season, and fair or not, it was a bad season. To make matters worse, he doesn't come in with a ton of credibility from a D-1 standpoint - that's fair. So being concerned about KA's recruiting based on what a recruit's father said is valid. There are two sides to every story, and we don't know the whole picture - in fact, we only see a small portion of the picture - I compare the average fan's knowledge of the inner workings of Mizzou BBall and football to the tip of the iceberg.

Now, I said all of that to get to this: Gary Pinkel has earned the benefit of the doubt. He's earned it from a fan standpoint, from the athletic department, from the boosters, from his peers and from the local and national media. I would even say the vast majority of fans would agree with that statement. So given that he's earned the benefit of the doubt, maybe you can step inside my mind and begin to understand the dumbfounding level of frustrated I get when I see some recruit's inner circle is putting it out there that Pinkel and his staff completely bungled his recruitment. That is sheer knee jerk idiocy at its finest. All a kid has to do is have enough stars and offers next to his name and he can become a whole referendum on a legend's recruiting program?

Folks, let's take a step back, breath and for crying out loud at least attempt to have perspective on things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.