ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Sam Horn sighted yesterday entering the South Endzone football complex...

Graphic Edge Guy

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2001
My friends and I got an impromptu SEZ tour thanks to a very cordial (and HUGE) Mizzou tight end, Tyler Stephens.

As we were going out...Sam Horn was coming in for team meetings. We congratulated him on his weekend pitching debut...and he politely said, "Thanks! Appreciate the support...gotta get to work on football now!"

The baseball team flew straight from Arlington to Florida for their four game series this Thurs/Fri/Sat/Sun vs, FIU...so obviously special flight arrangements are being made for Horn to do both sports this Spring...but his first priority is still football.

Bieser and Drink obviously are working together on this to make Horn's dual sport dream work.

Mizzou (and especially Drink) allowing him to do BOTH is a huge reason he chose to come here.

Football is his first priority...but the guy loves and is very talented in baseball as well.

Kyler Murray and Russell Wilson are two examples of QB's who did both...and in fact, the reason Russell Wilson transferred from NC State to Wisconsin for his senior football season is because the NC State HC "drew-a-line-in-the-sand" and tried to force Wilson's hand to play football only his senior year.

Horn is talented enough to do both...and it's great to see the Drink & Bieser working together on this.

Horn is an ultra-talented young athlete and a very engaging young man...I look forward to watching him in both sports as a Tiger.

I wouldn't be surprised to see him play in Mizzou's Spring game at 11 am on March 18th...and then also suit up and play in the home baseball game that afternoon vs. Tennessee.

This will be a story worth watching...and it's pretty cool imo.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News