ADVERTISEMENT

OFF TOPIC Samsung 8k upscaling processor?

MCPieper

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
May 29, 2001
INDY
Been considering buying a 75” QLED with 8K upscaling for $5k vs 82” QLED 80 series for $4k. Formerly the room was a 12’ (tv side) x 18’ screened in porch with AstroTurf. I didn’t have a basement so ......... turned it into sunroom and in the past three years, a Man Cave Moon Room. Pretty whacked out shit even for me, I digress. My view distance is 13-14’ and for most part all walls are glass so tons of reflection, plus about 10k of special effects lighting (fiber optics and led) on ceiling, walls,, and table tops, which only matters if I see it on my tv screen. Salesman claims these two TVs will show best in my odd ball room due tv reflection resistance..

I know except for blue ray disk there is minimal free 4K content, Direct TV free doesn’t tell you that when you upgrade service levels. Recently watched couple Samsung 4K football broadcast but half the time it is in 1080i, on my existing Samsung 55” 4K curved screen. The true 4K was great. Guess I am trying to figure out if the bigger screen benefit outweighs upscaling potential? Opinions?

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News