ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL SEC teleconference notes

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
I'm listening in. Will pass on anything of note. Mostly listening for Rick Barnes, Eric Musselman and Cuonzo, but there may be some things from other coaches worth posting.

Mike White says Keyontae Johnson has been at practice the last couple of days and is in good spirits (not sure he's actually practicing). He said any updates and decisions on Keyontae's future as far as basketball goes will come from the family due to privacy laws.

Asked if Johnson could play again this year: "I have no idea and even if I did I couldn't talk about it. I'm just happy he's around."

Frank Martin: Players returned on Dec 26, they had a round of testing, plan to play on Jan 2. "How many guys we will have is up in the air right now, but that's the plan."

South Carolina has had one practice since Dec 7, next practice currently scheduled for Wednesday. "It's a different year, but the last thing I'm going to do is complain about winning and losing games." Says he just found out this morning another one of his friends died. "I can't believe I'm getting ready to say this, but it's kind of where this whole thing has brought me to: Winning and losing is irrelevant to me."

"This year should make all of us understand that none of us are immune from difficult times." He said this in response to a question about Kentucky, but it's obviously applicable on a much larger scale

Will Wade said he thinks tomorrow against Texas A&M will be LSU's first game this season at full strength

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.