ADVERTISEMENT

So now that hoops seasons over...is Fuller leaving or no?

mcmuffin

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jul 12, 2004
Let me preface by saying, I realize Fuller took a big risk hanging around our program during the few weeks of limbo when it was without a head coach, and taking the leap of faith to become an assistant for a new head coach he had never met before. He kept some players and recruits in the fold for us at the time, and he was very gracious in helping us with the transition. So I can totally see the argument that in turn, Mizzou owes it to him to let him take his time to decide when he wants to leave and wait for the right next coaching opportunity to pop up for him.

That being said...desperate times call for desperate measures. And if there's one thing we all recognize its Mizzou hoops is facing desperate times. We CANNOT afford to be pulling dead weight on the coaching staff at moment. It has been a very long time - really since Antonio Blakeney - that I can recall hearing anything about a "Fuller recruit" in play for Mizzou. It's been speculated for awhile now that Fuller hasn't been doing any recruiting trips on his own, that he is being phased out, and certainly everything I hear when it comes to recruiting news seems to be "Fulford and Anderson are doing this or that..." etc.

If Fuller is not actively recruiting right now, well I'm sorry, it may be cold....but he probably needs to be let go. We need absolutely all the help we can get at every position on the basketball court right now, and letting a single day go by without every member of the coaching staff out there chasing down any talent they can find is suicidal for this program right now.

The same would go for Loos if any of the rumors about him likely heading to SEMO to be the next HC there that popped up here at one point were true. I realize that may not happen because the morally right thing to do is wait and let them leave for better opportunities of their own accord....but again, this is the most desperate hour Mizzou hoops has faced since probably the 1960s. This is NOT a time when we can just sit back and let lame duck assistant coaches hang around and do nothing on the recruiting trail. Sorry.

If I'm Mack Rhoades and want to show I'm making an immediate impact, that is one of the first conversations I might have with KA right now. It feels awful to say that, but desperate times...

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News