ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL So tired of the schedule talk

NikeFootball59

Letterman
Gold Member
Aug 22, 2015
The first thing people mention about us is Luther Burden, the second is the schedule. Tired of both (Luther is a beast though)

Our schedule isn’t nearly as much of a “cupcake” as people are making it out to be. Is it Florida’s schedule? No. But it’s not like we’re playing kU’s glorified G5 schedule either.

Yeah the non-con is uninspiring. Buffalo was a promising program under Leipold when we scheduled the game, but they’re terrible now. I think BC could be spookier than people think just because they have a smashmouth OL + an insanely athletic QB + a massive chip on their shoulder. At UMass is silly, not going to defend that one.

The problem with preseason polls & projections is that they’re literally just a conglomeration of what somebody did last year and media hype.

Like 6-7 Auburn from 2023 isn’t coming to Mizzou, nor are we going to Williams-Brice to play 2023 South Carolina. I can assure you every team has improved.

Hell, we go on the road TO Alabama and TO Texas A&M and people act like we’re playing a cupcake schedule. I’d say all of our SEC games aside from Vandy and MSU are still quite challenging.

At the end of the season, I believe Auburn, Texas A&M, Alabama, and Oklahoma could ALL be ranked wins for us. I see South Carolina and Arkansas being fringe ranked wins as well. If we go 10-2, our schedule will look a lot better than what the medias making it sound like right now

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.