ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Some nuggets on the 2023 team

JHamilton23

All-American
Staff
Jun 18, 2022
Before I start I would like to point out if you’ve followed my upside and downside series a lot of that stuff is a detailed version of some of this stuff. So, read along. 🙂

Also, all this stuff is fluid and fall camp can start and some of this stuff gets changed or whatever but as of now here’s some of the standing on stuff things with the current roster.

Have talked to some people and this is what I’m hearing:

Three-star signee RB Jamal Roberts is “impressive” and I would imagine he has a chance to be able to compete for that third RB spot and get reps as a true freshman.

Armand Membou is a RG this year and he’s gonna start there as it stands. However, in the future they’d like to possibly get him back at RT. But they like him so much they want to find him playing time.

If I had to guess the OL as of today

Foster, Delgado, Cam’Ron Johnson, Membou, Marcellus Johnson

Mizzou is much happier with the backup o-line depth than they were a year ago. Tristan Wilson and Valen Erickson are some guys we’ve kept hearing about since spring ball.

Guard EJ Ndoma-Ogar is back to full health or at least he will be when fall camp starts. My understanding is he is fine now but he will definitely be fine enough to compete with Delgado in August.

DT Darius Robinson may actual start at DE. The DT room is loaded with pieces they like and Robinson is showing he’s capable of moving there. My guess is Johnny Walker starts opposite of him. Things can change and D-Rob could start at DT and they do something else but for now there’s a chance he starts at DE.

DEs Nyles Gaddy and Joe Moore are coming along. They’ll play some snaps and get quality playing time.

I was told Tre’Vez Johnson “may be the steal of the portal.” The former Florida safety has really impressed. So, Mizzou is pretty excited about that STAR spot when you add in Daylan Carnell.

Unsurprisingly, they love how many weapons they’ve got to use in the secondary.

Four-star safety and the team’s highest recruit, Marvin Burks, looks to be one of them. He’s good enough to possibly get into the two-deep. Not a guarantee, but it’s trending that way is what I’m understanding.

I’ve told you plenty of times they like LB Triston Newson. He was described as a “ballhawk” and probably the best coverage LB on the team. Again, stuff I’ve told y’all but the excitement around him is real and still high. Chad and Ty’Ron are still your starters though probably.

LB Carmycah Glass is developing but they like him, his size, and how he’s progressing.

Three-star CB Shamar McNeil is one of the young guys they like. With his size at around 6-3 and 180ish pounds — he can vie for like the fourth corner spot or something.

Four-star WR signee Joshua Manning is probably a guy who can possibly vie for some snaps. @GabeD said this a couple weeks ago and not much has change on that front. My guess is Luther, Mookie and Theo are prob top 3 WRs. That’s not set in stone that’s just what I’m thinking.

Read the camp notebook from this morning.

But here’s one last camp nugget from yesterday — JUCO WR Jayden Bolton was at camp yesterday and had a solid outing. He is Nick Bolton’s cousin. If he was to get offered something it would probably be a walk on type of deal though. I don’t know if that happens any time soon but it’s something.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News