ADVERTISEMENT

Some random notes here and there

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
*Based on what I'm hearing, the expectation is that Drew Lock returns for his senior season. Could it change if the NFL comes back and tells him he's a top ten pick? Sure. But I don't think that's likely. I expect him to be back right now based on my info.

*Michael Porter Jr. at some point this season I'm pretty confident will be healthy enough that he could play (obviously barring some sort of a setback). But he's still in classes, somebody I know saw him today walking around fine and I'm told he feels completely different since the surgery. That doesn't necessarily mean he WILL play. I'm not sure where that all stands. But I think there will be an option later in the year that he could. And from what I'm told, people that know him absolutely think he wants to play if it's possible.

*The coaches are on the road. I know Barry Odom left yesterday after the team banquet. Andy Hill is starting in KC today and will be a ton of different places. I'm pretty sure Cornell Ford is starting in St. Louis. In the absence of DeMontie Cross, one of Mizzou's analysts is on the road. I'm not sure which one. My guess is Neal Renna, who helped Brick Haley on the DL during the season, but I'm not sure on that yet. Trying to find out. We will do our best to track down the location of coaches over the next couple of days and Brian and Sean will keep you guys updated on that front.

*Official visits will start this weekend. We'll have the complete list in the Chamber. There are still some visits in flux based on high school seasons and scheduling. As always, we'll give you the most up to date list we have on Friday morning.

*With all the coaching changes, there might be quite a few guys that Missouri can get back in on. I think Mario Goodrich and Cam Brown are in play. In-state guys you can write off are Ronnie Perkins, Trevor Trout and most likely Kamryn Babb. Don't see them coming here. Missouri continues to have a great shot to get Cam Taylor back. Things are murkier with James Foster. Again, we'll be all over the recruiting news in the next few weeks for you guys as things develop.

*All the firings could also be a place where Mizzou could swoop in to get someone as an assistant coach. I have no expectation they're going to hire a defensive coordinator. If they do, it will be in name only. Odom will run the defense. I think it's more likely they get a position coach to fill the spot Cross left. Not sure on names yet, will see what I can find out.

That's what I've got for now, just wanted to catch you guys up on some things.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News