ADVERTISEMENT

OFF TOPIC "Sports Journalist"... and Oklahoma thoughts

MUValjean

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 18, 2011
???
First, and completely inconsequentially; Looks like @Neal McCready is calling out one of his colleagues... wonder what @GabeD did to make Neal so upset with him this time! Neal has a point... and I appreciate guys like him and Gabe who can pull away from their teams and just tell us what's going on and not get on the hype train.

My real point: I was listening to the SEC Football Podcast from the other day (May 23rd) with Tyler McComas talking about the team he covers.... Oklahoma. Listening to him talk about 0u and how great they are and how they well they are going to do in the SEC kind of set me back. As he admitted, in the B12 their only competition was teXas. And kansas beat them last year, and one of their hard road games was to Iowa State... but they should have a top 2-3 defense in the SEC this year and should be in the top tier of the SEC.

Now, he was not really "fanboying" it... but maybe a little less hubris? Maybe read the room? And stop trying to sell us on how great 0u is and just talk about the team? But then, I get the impression that he really believes that 0u will be all that, that Venebles is a great coach, and other than their O-Line (witch is a product of Mizzou's poaching) all positions look to be strong next year. Really? I guess that is like Mizzou coming into the SEC talking about "old man football."

Not that I did not appreciate him before, but guys like Tyler make me appreciate Gabe and his ethic/snark more and more. And yeah, I hope we beat the heck out of them this year (and every year there after).

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News