ADVERTISEMENT

Support for why I think bad stuff is about to happen

ABaumli

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Dec 3, 2005
I wrote out the 80-90 year cycle in another thread. Basically the US has had significant civil unrest about every 80-90 years. The 1770s, 1850s, 1930s, and 2010s (Occupy Wall Street, T Party) that culminated in a significant war. During and afterwards, the US government made significant changes each time including constitutional amendments.

I am avid reader of The Fourth Turning and Neil Howe and William Strauss and more of their generational work. You can believe it or not, that's fine.

There are also several things coming to a head that are at the precipice of a cliff. First lets look at Income Inequality.

chart-01.jpg

PSDT_01.10.20_economic-inequality_1-4.png

When was the last time that Income inequality was this bad? The 20s and beginnings of the 30s.

The top 1% earns about 20% of total US income this past year. The bottom 25% earn only 3.7%.

Here is another crazy number, 61% of households didn't pay any income tax last year (according to CNBC). That's nuts.

In other words, income inequality seems to be greater than any time in the past 100 years. That breaks at some point.

These numbers lead to more unrest.

Lastly, what is the sentiment of the country. On almost every legislative vote, it is party lines. If you step out of line, you get punished by the party. Public distrust of government is at all time high.

Do people simply think this will resolve itself without escalation? Some thought the election of Biden would calm things. It doesn't seem to have that effect in my opinion.

Last thing is China and Taiwan. I don't think China just goes all War and takes Taiwan. I think Xi wants to do it without violence (like how Russia took Crimea, how China took HK, etc). Xi's legacy in China is the Re-unification. So China has A LOT of interest in assisting the US into destroying itself. Xi is 68 years old. Coincidentally, so is Putin. I cannot imagine that Xi has a 20 year plan. He would want this accomplished within the next decade in my opinion.

You can call me crazy, that's fine. You can think I have issues, that's fine. But I would appreciate it if you want to target this, please point to holes in the points on Income Inequality or the sentiment, etc. Or in the alternative, point to how this changes without major blowback. How does income inequality remedy itself without major effects? How does the government gain back trust?

In the words of Ron Paul, "What happens if my concerns are completely unfounded, Nothing. But what happens if my concerns are justified and ignored? Nothing Good."

For those complaining about Iraq and Afghanistan, Dr. Paul was very adamantly against both wars from the start.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News