ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING ***TEAM CAMP 1: FIRST IMPRESSIONS***

PTScantlebury

PowerMizzou.com Associate Editor
Gold Member
Dec 22, 2008
Kansas City
We won't be having a Chamber Friday (Gabe and Brian are at the Rivals convention in Baltimore, I'm back and forth between Columbia and KC for recruiting camps) but I wanted to break down some of my thoughts from the first day of Missouri's high school team camp on Thursday.

1693063.jpg

-- I'd never seen Rock Bridge DE Tre Williams play before today (Brian and Gabe have), but, man, I can tell why he's rocketed up the national landscape. Great frame -- long, tall and lean -- and it looks like he has a great first step off the line. I saw him use a few different pass-rushing moves, and the only thing that stopped him was slipping on the turf once or twice.

Williams is a guy that's been rumored to be committing to Missouri any day now, and while I'm not guaranteeing anything, Pinkel will be at tomorrow's session. So, if it happens soon, be on the look out tomorrow.

1693072.jpg

-- Williams wasn't the only impressive DE there, though. Hazelwood West's James Jennette already has multiple FBS and Power-5 offers, and he looked good, too. A little thinner than Williams at this point, but a very similar frame. He's definitely one to watch when it comes with Mizzou. He told me they've been showing more interest. In the picture above, Jennette is on the left.

1693076.jpg

-- Also impressed with Nashville (Ill.) offensive tackle Royce Newman. Definitely the kind of tackle Missouri has gone after lately -- athletic, tall and with a frame to put on more weight. He looked solid in one-on-ones, and had a few pops after the whistle which shows a mean streak. In talking with him, he seemed to think an offer could come after this camp is over, which wouldn't surprise me.

In the picture above, Newman is getting in some extra work with OL coach AJ Ricker.

-- Tough break from 2018 Hazelwood Central ATH Dallas Craddieth. He strained his hamstring early in the day and won't participate anymore. Still, it would not surprise me if he gets an offer sooner rather than later.

1693070.jpg

-- Look for Rock Bridge CB Bryce Banks to get an offer soon, too. Long, tall guy for a corner, and he had a good day with a nice interception in seven-on-seven. That's Banks in the picture above.

-- There's a couple more guys who I couldn't track down that I was taking note of. It gets kind of crazy, especially with the Renegade team where it's players from all different high schools and they're constantly changing jersey and number. Ill track down more names tomorrow.

I'll have more thoughts following tomorrow's action, so just because I didn't mention someone here, don't think I'm ignoring them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News