Status
Not open for further replies.

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
First off, we’ve got to get the legal disclaimer out of the way. The Chamber is the property of PowerMizzou.com and may not be reproduced in any manner without the express written consent of PowerMizzou.com. Now that we’ve got that, let’s move on.

It’s a football recruiting edition and that’s it. That’s what is making news right now. We know it’s been a little slow of late, but we promised you things would pick up with the spring game and pick up they have. In the past, we’ve had a handful of names of kids at the game. This year, we’ve got a lot more than a handful. This will be, at least by what I remember, perhaps the largest collection of legitimate Missouri targets to be on campus at the same time. First, let me start with a simple list:

2008 Signees who will be in attendance

Blaine Gabbert
Wes Kemp
Robert Steeples
Aldon Smith
Jimmy Burge
Andrew Jones
Kip Edwards
Kenji Jackson
Dan Hoch
Brad Madison
Taylor Davis
Will Ebner

That is at least 12 of Missouri’s 23 signees last year. That means half the class, at least, is going to pay its own way to come to the game. That’s commitment if you ask me. There very well may be more members of the class, but these are the ones I know for a fact plan to be in town.

2009 Commitments who will be in attendance

Andrew Wilson
Kerwin Stricker

I have not heard back from Blaine Dalton this week. I’m not sure what Blaine’s schedule is with baseball, but if he’s in town, you will know.

On Sheldon Richardson, he told me he’s a “probably” for Saturday. Speaking of Mr. Richardson, I’ve got some news Tiger fans will like, especially those of you who enjoy the ratings game: For the second straight year, it appears the Tigers will be signing a member of the Rivals100. Jeremy Crabtree gave me a heads up yesterday that when the new version comes out, Sheldon will be listed as one of the top 100 players in America. “Tight end, defensive end, whatever, the kid’s a beast.” (Crabby if I got a word or two wrong there, feel free to jump in and correct it). That obviously guarantees Richardson a high four-star rating at the worst.

2009 Uncommitted Recruits who will be in attendance

Craig Robinson
Jacob Karam
Dominique Moody
Jake Morin
Alex Sanders
Kevin Young
Taylor Counts
Charles Chapman
T.J Moe
Jack Meiners

The above players are definites. Montee Ball is a very likely. Ronnie Wingo and Darris Ford are possible, depending on track commitments. Both said they plan to let us know on Friday.

Finally, a few we know will not be there: Sam Pour had already committed to going to Nebraska, Ian Knight wanted to come badly, but his ride fell through, Devin Lindsey (Maplewood) wanted to be there, but his grandmother got sick and he is visiting her.

I want to be clear, this is NOT an exhaustive list. But we’ve got nearly 30 names here that we KNOW will be in town. There will be more, and I’ll find out who they are. We fully expect to be able to put the “Breaking News” up on the front of the site some time Saturday night. As we tell you all the time, the only thing we can promise you is that if there’s news to break, you’re going to find it here.

Status
Not open for further replies.
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News