ADVERTISEMENT

The Sean Miller South Carolina thing is unacceptable, Mizzou AD

mcmuffin

All-Conference
Gold Member
Jul 12, 2004
A rival SEC program that has no business competing on Mizzou's level but which has been routinely as good and often better than us throughout our SEC tenure is actively talking to Sean Miller.

Our AD says we cannot even possibly consider him, because "we are one of the most penalized programs over the past few decades" or whatever.

We are a penalized program precisely because we play this goody two shoes role and self report everything and try not to cheat. It is not acceptable that other SEC programs understand this and are happy to reach out directly to winning high profile candidates.

It's not acceptable, Mizzou AD. You deserve every cent of basketball revenue you lose. You're not trying to compete for championships, period.

Of course I would love to see Mizzou win basketball championships while doing it the clean way that builds character and never crosses into moral gray areas. I'd like to be in a hot tub with Margot Robbie tonight too. Neither is going to happen.

I feel very bad for McMahon or English or whoever gets thrown to the wolves next. The fact we are still interviewing Mike Alden candidates like the Cleveland State guy is a clear message our program still has the same Mike Alden PTSD we had over a frickin' pair of flip flops in 2004.

It's lame.

It's not acceptable.

I don't mind trying to be squeaky clean, but join the Missouri Valley Conference and screw around with Drake on the basketball court if you're gonna do that. DO NOT portend to be an SEC basketball team. You knew what you were getting into when you made that move.

Rant over.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.