ADVERTISEMENT

The utter surprise of this season

EyeoftheTigerrr

Letterman
Gold Member
Dec 27, 2017
This season has been a stunning success at this point. How many people picked MU to go 10-2? Absolutely nobody. Back in September Drinkwitz was going to be out of a job, Cook was a bum and Schrader was a bench warmer.
I know this season has been compared to 2013 for its "out of nowhere" success, but even going into that year, Mizzou had only had one down year, its first year in the SEC. Pinkel was nowhere close to being fired. We knew we had a solid QB going in (Franklin).
I think a better comparison might be 1997, when I was an undergrad. We hadn't had a winning season in forever. We were kind of middling along, and then went down to Stillwater and Corby Jones threw it all over the field in a 51-50 shootout win in overtime. At that point we were thinking, OK we may have something here.
A very similar feeling was this year, watching Brady Cook throw it all over the field vs K-State, after getting dominated by them last season. We knew something was very different. But we had no idea just how different this year was going to be.
Back in September, if you had told me we'd be debating which New Years 6 bowl we'd be going to, I'd have died laughing.
What an amazing 3 months.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News