ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL This guy is rapidly becoming one of my favorite current Tigers...

Graphic Edge Guy

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Oct 24, 2001
I really like what I see and hear about this guy...I have hopes and a strong hunch he might be primed for a really big year...

FROM DAVE MATTER'S ARTICLE: Here are seven Mizzou NFL draft prospects for 2024:
Defensive lineman Darius RobinsonThe versatile senior captain and defensive tackle had a breakout season in 2022 and could enhance his stock this year while he dabbles at defensive end. Last season, Robinson was one of the SEC’s most productive interior defensive linemen, finishing with 19 pressures and 10 hurries on 254 pass-rush snaps, per Pro Football Focus. That’s one pressure on the QB for every 13.4 pass rush plays Robinson was on the field. Here’s how that average compared to the seven SEC D-tackles drafted this week:

Jalen Carter, Georgia (1st round): 8.5
Gervon Dexter Jr., Florida (2nd): 13.9

Zacch Pickens, South Carolina (2nd): 15.4
Byron Young, Alabama (3rd): 10.7

Colby Wooden, Auburn (4th): 10.6
Cameron Young, Mississippi State (4th): 18.7
Jaquelin Roy, LSU (5th): 13.9
Not all eight D-tackles played the same role in the same system, but Robinson’s consistent production as an interior pass rusher holds up against the best of his peers in the SEC. He also posted career-best totals for sacks (3.5) and tackles for loss (5.5).
With some depth concerns at defensive end, Mizzou’s staff stationed Robinson on the edge this spring — it’s not a full-time move — and could use him at end in certain packages this fall. His versatility could prove especially useful now that backup Arden Walker has entered the transfer portal, leaving the Tigers with Johnny Walker Jr., incoming transfers Joe Moore, Austin Firestone and Ben Straatmann and freshman Jahkai Lang. Other tackles on the roster, notably Jayden Jernigan and Josh Landry, can line up outside as well.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.