ADVERTISEMENT

OFF TOPIC Ticket Exchange Scammers

kanermeds11

All-American
Gold Member
Oct 5, 2006
I want to preface this post by saying that I was naive and should have not been so foolish. Having said that, I want to let everyone know about the shady shit going on in the Ticket Exchange.

I've been buying and selling tickets there for a long time and never had any issues. I went in and made a post looking for OU tickets last week. The first incident wasn't as bad but to me it was shady. Guy offers a decent section around the 25 yard line, row 18 for 4 tickets at a solid price. Not super cheap but a fair price. He asks for a $50 deposit to hold them until the tickets were available. Seemed fair, sent the 50 no problem. A few days later he texts me, tickets are in. Only problem is now all of a sudden tickets are in a worse section about 45 rows higher. Thankfully he was good enough to send the deposit back, no harm done other than what seemed like a bait and switch. Whatever, I had another good offer on the table, or so I thought....

Guy texts me he has 4 seats, $100 each. Seems like a good deal. Tickets weren't great so I didn't think much of it being TOO good of a deal. So I tell him I can pay via Venmo and I ask for a screenshot of the tickets. He sends a picture to me with the bar code colored out which made sense. I sent the money and long story short, never got the tickets. This person kept saying they were waiting for their friend to send the tickets to them but eventually stopped communicating with me.

Heads up to everyone looking for tickets in the Exchange for shit like this. This person has the phone number 773-974-0527 and touting a Venmo of @Sunny-nola. I'm hoping Venmo can refund me but that seems doubtful. I have one other form of recourse but it's more fighting fire with fire so no need to get into those details in case this person sees this. Hope this bullshit doesn't happen to anyone else.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.