ADVERTISEMENT

NEW STORY *****TIGER SIX PACK: QUICK REACTION*****

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
It's gonna be hard to come up with six. But I'll try.

1. Let's start with the positives. Corey Fatony is a really good punter. Okay, the positives are over.

2. The next five are all going to be a version of this, but how in the hell does this happen? I mean, this game very well could have been the season. And they looked like they couldn't possibly have cared any less. This game was over ten minutes in. Never at any point did they look capable of mounting a challenge. To Purdue. At home.

3. Catching a punt can't be this hard. It just can't. But Missouri legitimately has fumbled every one it has tried to field for two weeks now.

4. Why did Damarea Crockett play? He clearly wasn't himself. You didn't start him. Then you trot him out there and he just couldn't do anything. For that matter, why were any of the starters in in the fourth quarter? You're asking for an injury.

5. What was your favorite OMG moment? The nominees are four straight penalties or the fumble that wasn't a fumble when Lock dropped the ball or the fumbled punt after Missouri had finally made its first stop or the time Odom went to halftime with a timeout in his pocket. My favorite? No Waltz mascot. It's the little things, guys. Also of note: Purdue was running clock and legitimately making no effort to score for at least the final 18 minutes of the game. Let that sink in.

6. I know everybody wants to know if he's going to be fired. I did some checking with some people during the game and I don't think it will happen during the season. But today's effort absolutely makes it a relevant question if there is not a dramatic turnaround over the next 12 weeks. I've watched a whole bunch of Missouri football in my life. I grew up a fan. I went to school here. I've covered them for 15 years. I've seen most things that happened in the last 30-35 years. Here are my top five worst showings in no particular order:

1986: Oklahoma 77, Missouri 0
1993: Texas A&M 73, Missouri0
1999: Kansas State 66, Missouri 0
2001: Michigan State 55, Missouri 7
2017: Purdue 35, Missouri 3

You'll want to read my postgame story. I don't think anybody's going to accuse me of being too soft on them.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.