ADVERTISEMENT

Time to start Bazelak

gamagrass01

Letterman
Gold Member
Aug 1, 2019
I am sheepish in saying anything like this because I not a coach, never was, and am not around the team to know really what is going on. But I do know:

1. Fans are largely not giving a rip anymore about this year. Even if they win out with Bryant, who will give a fvck? The season is a disaster already, and there is no changing that. It should be on to building hope for next year right now.

2. Bazelak can give us a chance of winning as much as Bryant on one leg, or Powell. This is a largely uneducated guess ... but is how I feel.

3. It is time to not only try to win a couple of more games, but to try to build some enthusiasm for next year. Seeing a new QB play will tend to build enthusiasm for the rest of this year, and for next year, IMO.

And oh by the way, let's go into some mistakes they seem to have made:

1. Bazelak should have been #2 QB from the start of the season, probably. If not him, then Lindsey Scott III.

2. If not those guys, then WTF did they move Wilson to WR for, just to effing occupy space on the gawdamned bench? I thought he was a really good ATH. Be better than Powell at QB, no?

3. With our WRs as they are, WTF did they move Floyd to CB for, just to sit his azz on the bench except when fielding punts, which he can't run back very well?

4. Can they not find anyone to return punts? Are we that devoid of ATHs? Floyd is not great - don't we have someone who is more of a threat? I mean, his replacement is a walk-on? WTF? You're just giving up any thought of returning punts, hence improving field position.

5. Why not get Massey into the WR rotation? By all accounts, he caught passes really well in fall practice. He's big, too. Is he on the bench because some coach is trying to make a point? Play the best players, for gawd's sake.

6. Hoe did Albert O. go from good to pretty bad? I have to suspect some sort of mis-management. If he's that bad, why not play Hea more? Same for Knox at WR.

7. For gawd's sake, can they not stop with all the PFs and un-sportsman-like calls? Who the eff is coaching these guys? Why is Utsy, for example, not with is azz on the bench forever? And why not bench Scott for the rest of the effing season just for being the dumbest player ever to put on a effing helmet? I mean geezus effing cryst. Improve to average in penalties, and you beat Vandy for sure.

8. The most speculative point of all: handing Bryant leadership of the team was a mistake. During the spring game, the guy was doing nothing but playing grab-azz on the side lines when he was interviewed. Having fun is one thing - these are young men - boys really, for the most part - but not knowing when to be serious for a second is a different thing (a bad thing). He's just too immature. I think some B.S. went down due to his immaturity before the Vandy game ... now, a bunch of the players on offense seem to to be not taking anything seriously.

9. Okay I'll go out on the limb even more: DD is not the right addition as OC. He, to me, just does not command the respect he should from the players for being in the position he's in (this is from dang near no data on my part - just what I see on film and it is very little). I know nothing about the other coaches and what level of respect they command ... this point could be way off-base .... insiders would know, but guys like Gabe, I imagine, must be very cautious in terms of any negative comments about coaches.

Summary: winning three more games this season would be nice, but the main goal should be to not get beat 3 more times, and to generate some excitement for the future. To do that, they need to play some new guys at key positions (hoping 2 or 3 guys really emerge to offer hope for next year), and they need to actually play like they give a rip: show enthusiasm and stop with all the stupid penalties.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News