ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL TOP 25 OF THE LAST 25: NUMBER 23

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
I'm going to count down the top 25 Mizzou football players of the last 25 years (so No. 1 will be posted the day of Mizzou vs Murray State).

No. 23: Tyler Badie, Running Back, 2018-21

download-4.jpg

This was one of the toughest guys for me to rank. I almost didn't put him on the list. I'm willing to bet there will be a lot of people who think he should be higher on it. Badie really had one season. For his first three years he totalled 1136 rushing yards, 819 receiving yards and 16 total touchdown. A nice, solid contributor, but nothing that would warrant inclusion on this list. But then came 2021. Larry Rountree was gone and instead of talking about how he needed to get Badie the ball more, Eli Drinkwitz actually did it. Badie posted 1604 yards rushing (at the time *a single-season school record--the asterisk being that Devin West's bowl game stats weren't counted) and 14 touchdowns. He had 1934 yards from scrimmage and 18 total TDs. Missouri's record book doesn't have total yards from scrimmage, but my guess is that Badie's season is the most. He has the school record for most all-purpose touches in a season (345) as well as rushing yards per game (133.7).

All told, he ended his career with 2740 rushing yards, 1149 receiving yards, 525 kick return yards and 34 total touchdowns. If Badie had been featured more in his first three seasons, he might be higher on this list. I'll listen to arguments he should be anyway. But he lands at No. 23.

Up Next: No. 22

Previously

24 Mitch Morse
25 Michael Egnew

Five that just missed the cut

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.