ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING UPDATE ON THE SITUATION WITH DARIUS ANDERSON

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
Let me say first of all, I've not seen a situation quite like this. But we just want to let you all know exactly what's going on.

Nick Otterbacher sent out a tweet about a commitment (at least that's what they've always meant in the past) from Richardson, TX. Darius Anderson was the only guy we knew Mizzou was recruiting from there. Anderson told Brian he hadn't committed. However, Brian talked to Darius' father, who said that Darius had committed, but he was keeping everything quiet because he was getting tired of getting phone calls (IDK if that's from coaches, the media, what). However, Mr. Anderson told Brian his son had committed and we could report the story. That's what we did.

After football practice, Darius contacted Brian to tell him that he had not committed to Missouri and he didn't know where we were getting that information. So, at this point, we'll do what the kid wants and not list him as a commitment.

It seems he's going to commit somewhere soon and my money would be on Missouri. But for now, we'll take him off the commit list because that's obviously what he wants done and if the kid's telling us he's not committed we kind of have to do so.

I want to stress that Brian did nothing wrong in this situation. He reported what he was told by the father (and I talked to the dad too). That's a good enough source. I don't profess to understand what's going on and I believe Darius Anderson likely still ends up at Mizzou, but that's the story as of now and why we have taken him off the commit list.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News