ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL What's it going to take to beat UGA?

boilertiger05

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jan 27, 2008
A few weeks ago I felt pretty strongly that we would have a tough time with Florida but I don't really feel that way with Georgia for a couple of reasons.

1) UGA's offense has been good at times but is inconsistent. This will be at best the 4th best offense we've faced after Bama, LSU and Florida. In the games where they've gotten behind, they have struggled. When they NEED to pass the ball Stetson Bennett really struggled and turned the ball over. It appears that JT Daniels looked good in the win Mississippi State but he didn't have to do much against south carolina. I don't yet trust this particular offense to go on the road and dominate every week. It's possible that they could, but I think these guys can be game planned. Not saying it will happen, but if you make Georgia one dimensional, and limit big plays in one on one battles on the perimeter I like our chances.
2) Georgia's defense is very good, but I don't really trust defense from game to game particularly when you have a mediocre pass defense. Teams have had some big passing performances against UGA and their passing efficiency defense is ranked 66th nationally. As long as we don't turn the ball over, I think we can score a few times on Georgia. We need to execute well but our offense is good enough to put up 21+ points on this team.

The ups and downs of college football are crazy. I think emotions play a bigger part of how teams approach games than they do i the pros. This is going to be a tough game for Georgia to be focused. On the road, at 11 am, in cold weather with wind. Hell, I wouldn't be all that excited for this if I were on the UGA side. They're playing for pride and NFL positioning at this point.

On the flip side, I think Mizzou has a lot more to gain in this game and very little to lose. It's already been a solid year.

This feels like one we can win.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.