BASKETBALL RECRUITING Where things stand after Carralero commitment

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
Mizzou added 6-8 Jesus Carralero today

They are at 13 scholarship players including Mabor Majak, but not including Kobe Brown or Isiaih Mosley. That number is irrelevant at this point.

They want Matthew Cleveland. Will they get Matthew Cleveland? I'm not sure. Word going around is that some wild money is being thrown around in that one from the direction of Miami. If it's strictly a financial decision, I'd probably favor the Canes right now. If the relationships matter and it's about something more than just the price tag, I give Missouri a good shot. That's not to say he wouldn't get money from Mizzou or Auburn, but I'm not sure either will match what Miami is going to offer him based on what I'm hearing.

I think the guy to watch in the middle is West Virginia's Jimmy Bell. The numbers weren't eye-popping by any means this year, but he's 6-10 and started every game for an NCAA Tournament team and averaged a rebound every 4.5 minutes he was on the floor. That's not nothing.

The biggest thing this offseason is and always has been Kobe Brown's decision. We're just not going to know anything on that for another three weeks. What it comes down to is what does Kobe have to hear from the NBA to leave? I don't know. Nobody but Kobe knows.

Nothing has changed with Isiaih Mosley. I still believe he wants to be a part of the team and plenty of people still believe he'll be a part of the team. I'm just not sure I can say with any confidence when we'll really know if that's the case.

That's four guys. Best case, they get them all and sort it out later. Worst case, Cleveland and Bell go elsewhere, Kobe goes pro and Mosley can't get things sorted out to be a full member of the team. It's probably likely that what happens is somewhere in between the best and worst cases.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News