BASKETBALL RECRUITING WHERE WE STAND ON TUESDAY

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
How about a little portal update for everyone:

*As we reported this morning (kudos to @MIZ-P17 for posting it last night), Texas Tech transfer Fairdaws Aimaq is expected to visit Missouri this weekend.

*Got a few pieces of info on North Carolina transfer Caleb Love: A source familiar with Indiana tells me the Hoosiers are no longer involved with Love. There is definite optimism around Mizzou. Some people believe it is more or less done. I wouldn't go that far because nothing is done until it is done and announced. At this point, based on what I've heard, I'd consider Michigan to be the prime competition. Juwan Howard is trying to make a push. We'll see if it will be enough. It is my belief everyone is chasing Missouri on this one. Love's dad told me on Sunday they're planning a decision "sooner rather than later." The sooner that decision comes, the more confident I am it will be Missouri. Not saying that if it stretches out a week or two it won't be Missouri, just saying if we get a decision this week, I find it unlikely to be anyone else.

*Not real sure where things stand with Jamarion Sharp. Missouri is interested and involved. Some believe they are the leader. Some even believe he's basically a Missouri lock. But information has been tougher to come by on this one. I honestly don't know where it stands other than Missouri is involved right now.

*It is my belief Missouri should bring in two big men. They need multiple rebounders, they need depth, they need a rim protector. If you have two big men you can rotate, that gives you the added bonus of guys like Kobe Brown and Noah Carter being able to guard guys they're more typically equipped to guard. We've seen a lot of Kobe getting two early fouls because he's trying to guard a guy two inches taller and 30 pounds heavier than him. He's done an admirable job, but to me, you get much better if Kobe never has to be put in that position. I also think it might entice Kobe to return.

*Speaking of Kobe, people on the NBA said are saying they think he should come out. People around Mizzou are optimistic he'll come back for another year. We'll see.

*Nothing new on Isiaih Mosley and probably won't be for a while. I remain relatively confident if he were to come back it's not likely he would be on one of Missouri's 13 countable scholarships.

*Feel free to do the mental gymnastics and roster math if you want. It will work out. They won't have more than 13 scholarship players. How they get their is their job to figure out, not mine. I doubt this is a comprehensive list of guys they're interested in. Hope to gather more info this week for a full report in the Chamber.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News