ADVERTISEMENT

OFF TOPIC Yellowstone TV Show

pduff

Retired Number
Gold Member
Dec 9, 2002
Anyone watching this?

My favorite off-topic discussions on this board are about good shows that posters are watching, or they’re food-related. Of course both of these rank third behind Covid, politics and the stories of posters high school injury rehabs.

As we head into the holiday season and further lockdowns/social distancing and quarantining...I thought I would recommend Yellowstone. As someone who grew up around the Coors beer business in Joplin and now is living in Seattle, I can’t tell you how soothing to my soul this show is.

It has a great cast, starting with Kevin Costner in a role that he has played before but now has aged into and perfected. The show is set on a Montana cattle ranch and Costner is the patriarch of the family that has owned it for a 140 years.

The characters live by a code and whether you agree with it or not, you respect. The characters remind me of the good people that I grew up with, may have had flaws but were hard workers, and didn’t waiver in their convictions. I appreciate them more with the perspective of time and living.

Anyway, great show! Would love to hear about any others.

PS I would not put Yellowstone up near The Wire or Breaking Bad...

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News