ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Your group of Mizzou friends

Switzer77

All-American
Gold Member
Sep 1, 2009
Kansas City
www.starcademedia.com
I am interested to see if many of you have found themselves in similar situations as mine. I've been a fan my whole life, started going to games in the early 90's and kind of transformed a lot of my friends into fans because I was so passionate about it. As I got older I was all about sporting events and planning get togethers around Mizzou/Chiefs games and it just sort of became the bubble to which my friend group and I resided in.

9 years ago I started to get into the media side of things and became even more entrenched as I worked on building my own sports brand. I've collaborated with some other like minded folks on producing two SEC football documentaries and one about Marty Schottenheimer and became credentialed by the SEC and Mizzou in the process. But during the last 6 or 7 years I've slowly lost members of my friend group that were once passionate to die hard fans.

Something that used to bring us all together just kind of went away starting around 2014. A few of my friends just stopped caring about Mizzou sports all together and a few others will text once or twice a year about certain happenings within the athletic department but have moved on to hunting or bowling leagues. I'm interested to see if many of you have similar stories as my perception is that, while I became even closer to the situation, many of my peers drifted further away. Was it simple life changes? Protests? Poor on field/court play? Coaching hires? I think it all plays a role but there are friends of mine that would have driven with me on a whim to to the Swamp overnight for a game that would barely think to turn the TV on for tonight's game against Tennessee.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News