ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Absurd assumptions week #3 K State

Carnell75

All-American
Gold Member
May 19, 2019
Indianapolis, IN - Westside
Saw the vitriole after and during the game.. I see K State as being beatable based on what I see on film and what I know from watching MIZ. With that being said this weeks absurd assumptions are as follows:

#1 First and foremost Mizzou wins this game 24-20 It won't be pretty but we will win.

#2 Mizzou has shown a propensity to be run heavy, this is a week I think they should continue that. Troy had success with trap block the end and blitzer in some cases. #29 and #32 seem to be the primary blitzers. A solid trap block can prove big for Cody and Peat on power and and the inside run... Runs will continue to outweigh our passing. They will have at least 30-35 runs and will average about 5 per carry

#3 K State secondary is good but can be prone to be beat. I can see two receivers eclipsing 80 yds next week and finally we get a 3rd receiver with over 40

#4 Will Howard is a scramble threat. We have to keep a man dedicated to him especially in the red zone. This Sat he was 8car for 33 yds and a TD with the longest run being 15yds.. MIZ will keep Howard under 20yds on the ground Sat.

#5 Howard was 21/32 for 250yds 3TD and 1 INT on Sat. I think Mizzou keeps Howard below 175yds passing in Saturday game.

#6 Third time is a charm MIZ will have more Pass deflections than penalties... It has to happen sooner or later right?

#7 Brooks was a monster in the game vs Troy 7rec 94yds 1TD, he also had 1 car 2yds 1TD. He and Jackson (4 rec 77 yds 1TD) have to be contained on Sat..
I say they keep Brooks out the endzone Sat and keep him under 60yds receiving.

#8 MIZ will register an INT on Saturday

#9 Troy registered 1 sack and 6 TFLs against K State.. I say MIZ registers 5 sacks and gets 10 TFLs minimum.

#10 Mizzou will keep K State to under 150 yds rushing..

As usual these assumptions are made to promote conversation about the team. All assumptions are mine and mine alone and are made for fun only.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News