ADVERTISEMENT

Baseball update....

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
Hearing quite a bit of smoke around Kerrick Jackson, who is the current head coach at Memphis. He was hired at Memphis by Blair DeBord, who was just hired at Missouri a few weeks ago.

Jackson is a graduate of Kirkwood High School who played at St. Louis CC, Bethune-Cookman and Nebraska. After a few coaching stops, he was a Midwest scout for the Washington Nationals from 2008-10, then was hired by Tim Jamieson as Mizzou's recruiting coordinator and assistant coach in 2010. He had that job until 2015 when he took a job as an agent for two years. He returned to coaching with Southern in 2018. After going 9-33 in his first season, Southern won 32 games and the SWAC title in 2019, making the NCAA Tournament. He was hired by Memphis before last season. Memphis went 29-28 this season under Jackson, whose pitching coach is none other than...Tim Jamieson.

Among the players who played for Mizzou when Jackson was here: Rob Zastryzny, Trey Harris, Tanner Houck, Peter Fairbanks.

Hearing this could happen pretty quickly. Not sure it's done, but at this point, I think he's the leading candidate.

UPDATE: Based on what I'm hearing, I'll be surprised if Jackson isn't the hire.

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News