ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL CLOSING THOUGHTS FROM MIZZOU ARENA

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
Look, guys, you know my stance here: I don't get anything out of calling for someone's job who I have to continue to cover. And I'm not going to get on the rooftops and rant and rave that Kim Anderson should be fired. It's just not how I'm going to approach it.

But let's be honest: We can all see where this is headed. They're 5-5 against a middling non-con schedule. They've lost to NC Central and Eastern Illinois and been blown out by Davidson. The almost pulled the upset against Xavier is beyond a distant memory. We can go through a million reasons why they are where they are, but Kim Anderson has to win this year and they aren't winning. There's not a single game left on the schedule you can look at and say "We know they're winning that one." Not one. Now, they'll win a few, but there are no gimmies.

I watched this whole game. This wasn't a fluke. Eastern Illinois didn't play great. They were 1-15 from three in the first half. And it was good enough to beat Missouri. Missouri didn't play great either, but they didn't play a whole lot worse than they have in many other games. Bottom line, if these two teams play ten times, Missouri would lose three or four. That's where this thing is at.

I'll keep showing up, starting Wednesday night in St. Louis and I'll write about what happens. If and when there is news to report on the coaching front (which I do not anticipate before the end of the regular season), we will report that and hope to break it. Until then, we'll just keep trudging along with this thing.

Video and a recap on the front page. I'm gonna walk to the car and hope I can get back to my house.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News