BASKETBALL CLOSING THOUGHTS FROM MIZZOU ARENA

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
I don't have a lot I didn't say in my post-game column

This team has (at most) six players. One of them is completely incapable of staying on the floor (and there's absolutely zero chance it is all the refs fault).

It's a limited team. They're going to have to shoot really well and play much better defense to get to where they want to go. It's possible. It's not easy. As constructed, the ceiling for this team is probably getting into the tournament.

One thing can change that. But first that thing has to be healthy enough to play. And then the team has to be in a position to make him decide to do so. I still think if Michael Porter Jr. plays, this team is one absolutely nobody wants to see in March. But they've got to get there first. And the way they're playing right now, it's hard to see it happening.

Two road games coming up. Missouri HAS to win one of them. I don't care which one, but youv'e got to win in Starkville or Tuscaloosa. Then you've got to come home and beat Kentucky. If they do that--2-1 over the next three--I'll talk about the chances of a tournament bid. If they don't, I can't see it happening.

Bad night. More than that, eye-opening night. I've thought this was a tournament team. Right now, I don't.

That's all I got guys.

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News