ADVERTISEMENT

Favorite moment in Mizzou sports

BUBBL3S

All-American
Gold Member
Jun 3, 2021
Pretty straightforward. Out of curiosity, what has been your favorite Mizzou moment to date?

I have a couple for completely different reasons. 2007, Mizzou / kU, Sodd Reising is born. Knowing that Mizzou was playing in their first conference championship game in my lifetime while beating Mizzou’s arch nemesis (who so happened to really play a shit schedule) sits atop my list.

Last year’s Mizzou / Tenner MBB is a close second, but for a completely different reason:

I grew up a Mizzou fan because my Dad was/is a Mizzou fan. We watched the Kirk Farmer (dude’s 44 yo, BTW, for those of you that really want to feel old) years in my infancy of Mizzou fandom and basically watched every game together until college and life happened, roughly in 2009-13. Best memories of my lifetime. My parents are now retired and my dad and I have decided we want to watch CFB/MBB games together again. So we have. Started with last year’s MBB team.

My second favorite moment was Gholston nailing the buzzer beater against a highly-ranked UT team (where Gates and Mizzou kind of said, “fvck you all. We’re here and we’re damn good”). My dad and I both jumped up and down the moment that ball dropped through the net and hugged like Mizzou had just won a National Championship. Damn awesome.

So, what’s your best memory in Mizzou sports?

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News