ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING Harbaugh’s Satellite Camp at Blue Springs South

TrumanTiger89

Letterman
Gold Member
Mar 26, 2011
Kansas City
Unfortunately, Jim Harbaugh knows how to play this game. He had people lined up for his autograph. He wore an Alex Smith (who he coached at San Francisco) Chiefs jersey. And he had the local writer for The Examiner, Bill Althaus, slobbering all over the Michigan coach.

Harbaugh is the brother-in-law of South basketball coach Jimmy Cain, so he used that to his advantage. He drew 430 kids to the camp, including Blue Springs DL/OL Daniel Parker, who in addition to his Missouri offer this week has received offers from Iowa, Iowa State, Nebraska and others (I think momma likes the good guys, though, so we have that going for us).

Harbaugh got his most mileage from Althaus, though. Bill’s 10+ tweets (@AlthausEJC on twitter) gushed with ‘I have met countless NCAA DI coaches and none were more accommodating than Michigan's @CoachJim4UM’ and ‘@CoachJim4UM made a HUGE impact on the lives of many young football players at tonight's @midwest_fb ...thanks Coach.’ That’s right, he made a ‘huge impact’ on lives and the writer thanked the Michigan coach for coming to Blue Springs.

So, after saying all this, I know it doesn’t have an impact on us in the area. Just interesting to see how Harbaugh does this … which might explain some of Saban’s interest in stopping this kind of thing.

http://www.examiner.net/sports/20160616/harbaugh-brings-satellite-camp-to-blue-springs-south

ADVERTISEMENT

Latest posts

ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.