ADVERTISEMENT

BASKETBALL Let's Be Honest

mugamer

Hall of Famer
Gold Member
Jan 29, 2012
Mizzou was never really all that great to begin with. We have no real history that far many other teams don't have as well. We've never done anything terribly impressive in the tourney except lose to teams we shouldn't have.

We were ever an average program, but we were consistently average. We could hang around the top 25, but never really make any decent runs consistently from year to year. We won some conference tourneys and maybe more back when they didn't even keep player stats. Sure, we had some dream years... But they fizzled quickly and were sandwiched between more average years.

So, thinking we can just throw money at a high quality low risk coach who comes with no baggage, is silly. There are better programs willing to spend just as much money as us.

Lastly, a coach who is in his second year, starting mostly freshman and sophomores is not going to get fired for winning 12/13/14 games this year. He'll get next year, if you don't like that because you don't believe in him, there's nothing to argue about... Because he'll get next year regardless.

If I'm wrong, I'll own it... But I really doubt I will have to.

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT
  • Member-Only Message Boards

• Exclusive coverage of Rivals Camp Series

• Exclusive Highlights and Recruiting Interviews

• Breaking Recruiting News