ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL Mizzou's PR still sucks

Truest Son

Retired Number
Apr 11, 2013
I don't know about anyone else, but I'm tired of seeing well produced videos like the one below continue to stream across my social media feeds... only to never see the same from Mizzou. It gets pretty damn disheartening to see other fan-bases' casual fans get pumped up about the season, and not actually hear a peep from our own until the first game. At what point is the AD going to realize that this is the 21st century, and word of mouth no longer cuts it? The first and foremost quality they need to be looking for in a new AD is how good of a salesman he is, and whether he realizes the importance of program visibility. As we've seen time and time again, we're dramatically outperformed by small donors from other SEC states, which keeps us from being able to buy nice things like the south endzone addition. And of course we just shrug it off saying "Oh well they have nothing else to do in those states", which is BS. The truth is that Mizzou's PR sucks donkeyballs and is the biggest blight on the school's athletic department. For a school that supposedly touts a top notch video/journalism program, we should expect and demand better.

/rant

Last edited:
ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.