ADVERTISEMENT

FOOTBALL RECRUITING NIGHT AT THE ZOU UPDATES: DAVONTE WHITE AND DEVIN HANEY

GabeD

PowerMizzou.com Publisher
Staff
Aug 1, 2003
Columbia, MO
missouri.rivals.com
We're talking to as many of these guys as we can over the next week or so. Not every one is going to be a full story, but we'll make sure to pass along info on them here on the board.

Davonte White, Southern Lab, Baton Rouge LA, 2017 cornerback

White has an offer from Tulane and interest from Mizzou, Kansas and Arizona State at this time. He's 6-2 and said he ran a 4.52 at Mizzou, but has been clocked in the 4.4s at Miami earlier this summer.

"What makes me stand out is my physical ability to harass the receiver as he is going on his route," he said. "The thing I would like to improve on is my breaking, I would like my breaks to be much faster."

White said he and five teammates came up and enjoyed the camp. They stopped by Texas A&M before heading back home. He said Greg Brown told him he was impressed with his technique. At this point, Mizzou hasn't offered.

Devin Haney, Park Hill, KCMO, 2018 cornerback

Haney is a name you guys are familiar with. He's camped with Mizzou a few times. He's also got interest from Kansas, Michigan State, Iowa. He's waiting to break through with that first D1 offer.

"I feel like it’s just a matter of honestly my junior season," he said. "I feel like a lot of teams are just waiting for me to put out some junior tape."

Haney said Michigan State and Iowa stand out to him a little bit right now, but again, that first offer could be big. As far as his night at Mizzou he said "Coach Hill afterwards just told me that I had a good night and told me that he’d be in touch with me."

Haney will be one to keep an eye on this season. If he starts out well, he's a guy Mizzou could jump on with an early offer. Playing alongside Chester Graves at Park Hill, he'll get plenty of exposure.

"Defensively we are stacked. We’ll be really good this season. It’ll be a season to watch out for."

ADVERTISEMENT
ADVERTISEMENT

Go Big.
Get Premium.

Join Rivals to access this premium section.

• Say your piece in exclusive fan communities.
  • Unlock Premium news from the largest network of experts.
  • Dominate with stats, athlete data, Rivals250 rankings, and more.